I have been sitting on this forever now and my last post would have given a hint of why I just didn’t get the time. My pal Diego from LazySundayMovies nominated the broth of blogs for the Liebster Award and my thanks to him and apologies that I am getting to it rather late. Check out his movie reviews, they are short, witty and give you exactly why you should and shouldn’t watch a movie.
Before I start off, I thought it would be a good idea to give new readers an idea of what the Liebster Award is all about.
- Originated in about 2011, this is an internet only awards for bloggers by other bloggers
- The nominees are new bloggers with less than 200 followers (though when it started off it was 2000 readers or so)
- It is a way to connect and support the blogging community and also be discovered
- Liebster in German means sweetest or kindest or welcome and other such words
- And completing it its not as easy as it sounds 😀
So its in your interest and others to accept the award – you are not only connecting but also promoting new bloggers – I think its a great thought.
Lets start then.
– Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
– Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
– Let the bloggers know you nominated them
– Give them 11 questions of your own
Deigo’s Q’s and My A’s:
- If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A. This question is a toughie. I would say Terminator 2 – judgement day as I have already seen it some 300 times and I can still keep watching it.
- If a film was made about your life story, who would you cast to play yourself?
A. Jennifer Lawrence as my young self and Meryl Streep as me old. I think both of them are kickass and kick some ass and it would be great to have them play me.
- First movie you remember watching?
A. Believe it or not, Poltergeist. I was about 11 and it started off my love for the horror genre.
- Favourite movie genre and favourite movie quote?
A. Like I said earlier, horror is my favorite genre. And ‘I will be back’ from T2 is the quote I remember fondly. Arnold Schwarzenegger is so funny when he says that 🙂
- I normally hate watching movies before 2000’s (except some classics). Recommend a movie that might change my mind.
A. Deigo – you should definitely check out these movies if you haven’t seen the already. River wild, Drop Dead Fred, Poltergeist, What lies beneath, The hand that rocks the cradle, and so many more such great movies. And I have avoided romcoms you see except One fine day which is a great, sweet movie.
- Favourite TV show at the moment?
A. The big bang theory and Grey’s Anatomy. I am one of the few on the planet who has not started watching GOT.
- Go-to weapon in a zombie apocalypse?
A. Easy peesy. John Constantine’s Holy Shotgun – I am sure it will work in a zombie setting as well :). But I guess Zombieland also has some nice ones.
- Would you rather lose both arms or both legs?
A. Ha, did you run out of questions at this point? I would not like to lose any of my limbs thank you very much.
- If you could have one power, what would it be?
A. I would definitely want to be Professor X or Jean – Controlling people’s mind and knowing what they are thinking is too cool a power to have.
- When did you start blogging and why?
A. I have always put down my thoughts in writing as far as I can remember. Even in school, I was much better at writing debates than actually having debates verbally. But I started blogging seriously this Feb (2016) on WordPress and I love this platform better than some others I have used. Blogging has helped me write better, put my thoughts in a much more informal, fun way but at the same time taking on some serious issues which I am passionate about.
- What do you do when you’re not in front of a keyboard?
A. I love watching movies and reading. Right now I am on my 6th book of the Dark Tower series from Stephen King. On a crazier day, I would love to go outdoors and do some cool stuff.
- Why and when did you start blogging?
- What do you like writing about the most?
- What do you like reading about most?
- Favorite book of all time
- Favorite movie of all time
- Have you visited other countries? Which?
- Where would your perfect holiday destination be? Why?
- What do you like to do in your spare time.?
- What world issue do you care about the most?
- Your favorite quote that you live by.
- What or who inspires you?
Well, its done. Thanks again Diego. To all those who I have nominated, would love to see you accept and nominate others. Thanks for reading.